Thursday 28 July 2011

Wraps...I can't get enough of them!

My friend Nicky Leader got me started on these...She made me one for lunch the other day and now I can't stop. It's not like I had never had a wrap before but somehow these are different and much tastier. I think it's the fresh herbs which happen to be growing like mad in my kitchen due to the new light since we had our extension...and the proximity to the kitchen tap. It really would be remiss not to water them when I see them every time I make a cup of tea.
So, I have made wraps with lots of different fillings over the last couple of weeks. Here are a few of my favourites.
This one is hummus, avocado, cheese, tomato, basil, mint, then finished with some freshly snipped lettuce, a drizzle of balsamic and a little salt and pepper.
I had a friend coming yesterday so I roasted some peppers, red onions and tomatoes, all covered in 'evoo' (just heard that the other day - extra virgin olive oil!) and a little salt and pepper. In the oven on high for 40 mins, then low for an hour or so, then off and leave in oven.
Before and...
after (we had eaten half of the tray!)

So these wraps had similar ingredients...but also some nice ham and lots of roasted vegetables.
Also very good with smoked, peppered mackerel. 
Honestly. So delicious. 
Nix X

No comments:

Post a Comment