Friday 29 July 2011

Mary Mary...your allotment is gorgeous!

Mary is my Mum in Law, who from now on will be just known as Mary or L.M.I.L (Lovely Mum In Law). She has a small allotment close to her home in central Winchester. She wanted to make it work for itself and produce things she and the family love...here are some pictures from the allotment and the produce. It really is an idyllic setting with Winchester Cathedral right behind it.  You have to collect water in a bucket dangled from the bridge over a stream which runs along the bottom of the allotment. That is part of the reason that she grew things that would put roots down and not need too much attention. If I ever had an allotment that is exactly what I would do...apple trees, pear trees, plum trees, raspberries, blackberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, roses and sweet peas for cutting, fresh mint, rosemary. Lovely!
Her garden is amazing too but I missed the first roses of the year so I am waiting for the next lot to bloom before I take some pictures. They are beautiful.
Nix x

1 comment: