A friend gave me this recipe. It's yum. Thought I'd put it on here for anyone that likes a bit of spice.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: From 1.5 Hour
Oven Temp: 4-5, 180-190, 350-375
· 675g (1.5lb) lean braising steak and cut into 2.5cm cubes
· 30ml (2 tblsp) oil
· 2 onions, peeled and sliced
· 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
· 45ml (3 tblsp) Madras curry paste (use Balti or Korma for a milder curry)
· 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
· 1 400g can of coconut milk
· 850ml (1.5 pint) good, hot beef stock
· Salt and pepper
· 300g basmati or long grain rice
· 100g baby spinach leaves
· 2 med tomatoes quartered
· Handful freshly chopped coriander to garnish
· Toasted almonds to garnish
Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish and brown the beef in batches for 3-4 mins. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add remaining oil to pan and cook the onions and garlic until lightly brown, stir in curry paste and cook for 2-3 mins.
Return the beef to the dish and add the chilli, coconut milk and stock. Season. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook in the oven or on the hob for 1 hour. Stir in the rice, cover and cook for a further 20 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add the spinach and tomatoes. Leave to stand for further 5-10 mins.
Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and flaked almonds.
Happy feasting! Nix